This project aims to research advanced functional and environmentally conscious glass-ceramic materials.
They have attracted interest because of its excellent properties such as thermal resistance, chemical durability and mechanical strength, and high optical transmittance.
We are engaged in research and development of transparent optoelectronics materials with nano structures.
We especially focus on new eco-friendly method of preparing functional glass from mesoporous material consisted from nano particle and organic polymer. The excellent characters of the novel transparent materials would be conducive to its use for next generation optoelectronics and bio industry fields (e.g., optical sensor, light guide, optical lens, microchip display).
In addition, we propose a novel noncontact method for measuring the physical properties and structure of high-temperature glass melt. From the view point of environmentally conscious manufacturing, this method enables in situ monitoring of viscosity change in micro-liter order liquids.
Supercheap way of making high-performance optical glass
Sintered silica glass(right)
Advanced functional glass materials
(Nano imprint and photo luminescence glass)
Development of Functional and Environmentally Conscious Glass-Ceramic Materials
Prof. Shigeru Fujino
4F, GIC Bldg., Chikushi Campus
PHONE : +81-92-583-8773
FAX : +81-92-583-8773
- Development of functional glass-ceramic materials
- Development of polymer and inorganic mesoporous glass materials
- Fabrication of transparent sintered nano silica glass and its various applications
- Nano structural silica glass by room imprinting
- Printable photoelectronics
- Measurement of properties and structure of glass melts using laser spectroscopy
- In-situ monitoring of microrheology and Raman measurement for glass melts
- JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Challenging Exploratory Research, FY2012-2014
- JST Adaptable and Seamless Technology Transfer Program through Target-driven R&D, 2011
- JSPS Grand-in Aid for Scientific Research (C), FY2009-2011
- Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. Research Collaboration Program, FY2007-2010.
- JST-project to develop "innovative seeds" 2009
- NEDO Industrial Technology Research Grant Program, FY2003-2008
- US application No.13382005, European application
No. 10797163.2, PCT/JP2010/06156
“Composite Shaped Body and Silica Glass and Method for Producing the same” and other 17 patents
- Powder Metallurgy Young Scientists Award 2010
- Cooperative Research and Development Award, Kyushu University 2008
- Cooperative Research and Development Award, Kyushu University 2007
- MMIJ Young Scientists Award 2003
- Corning Research Grant Award 1998